Friday, December 4, 2009

Courtney Donovan Resume and Cover Letter

233 EAST CENTRAL• MISSOULA, M.T. • 59801
(406) 696-2663 • COURTNEY.DONOVAN@UMONTANA.EDU

COURTNEY DONOVAN
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

Reported for KBGA College Radio and KUFM Western Montana Public Radio
Editing skills with Avid and Final Cut Pro
EDUCATION

 University of Montana in Missoula, MT. 2007-present. I have declared a major in Radio Journalism and have been accepted into UM’s Professional Journalism Program. I have reported on UM news for KBGA College Radio and am currently using the program to build a multi media portfolio.
 Skyview High School in Billings, MT. August 2003- May 2007. I graduated in May, 2007 and was the Editor of the News and Opinion Sections for my high school news paper, The Talon.
EMPLOYMENT

 Senior Caller- UM Foundation, Phonathon in Missoula, MT: 8/08-Present. Called alumni and friends of the University of Montana for charity donations, obtained and filed demographic information.
 Security Guard- Yellowstone Art Museum in Billings, MT: 6/08- 8/08. Guarded the art work in the galleries, handled front desk and receptionist duties, maintained spreadsheets.
 Clinical File Clerk- South Central Mental Health Center in Billings, MT: 06/08- 08/08. Created, updated, and maintained patients’ and employees’ files.
 File Clerk- South Central Mental Health Center in Billings, MT: 12/07- 1/08. Organized current employees’ files, sent faxes, made copies, and filed miscellaneous papers.
REFERENCES

Ray Ekness: Associate Professor and Chair of the R/TV Department-(406) 243-4088
Denise Dowling: Associate Professor for UM School of Journalism-(406) 243-4143
Sarayl Yellow Horse: Assistant Director of Annual Giving for UM Foundation- (406) 243-2575

COVER LETTER

Courtney Donovan

233 E. Central

Missoula, MT 59801

(406) 696-2663

6 November 2009

Mr. Joe Howry

Editor

Ventura County Star

PO Box 6006

Camarillo, CA 93011

Dear Mr. Howry,

My name is Courtney Donovan and I would like to be considered for an internship at the Ventura County Star. I am a journalism student at the University of Montana and have been accepted into the Professional Journalism Program.

I have reported for KBGA College Radio and am currently getting involved with reporting for KUFM Montana Public Radio. These radio stations broadcast stories throughout the Missoula Valley.

I reported for my high school newspaper The Talon for two years and was the News and Opinion Editor for my senior year. I am very good at turning out breaking news stories on a short deadline and enjoy feature reporting.

I am currently working on building a professional portfolio and believe that an internship at the Ventura County Stay would help me grow as a journalist. I have included my resume, a list of references and a few samples of my work that have aired on KBGA Radio. I am available for interview by phone at your convience. Please call me at (406) 696-2663 or email me at Courtney.donovan@umontana.edu to schedule a time.

Thank you,

Courtney Donovan

Enclosures: resume, work samples.

No comments: