Monday, October 12, 2009
Friday, October 2, 2009
Jake Stevenson's Research
New England Sports Network
Must be able to receive college credit for this internship and provide verification that credit will be received.
Provide a variety of production support to NESN’s Boston Red Sox Baseball live television broadcasts during the off-season, through spring training, and into the beginning of the season.
- Log game melts
- Archive video
- Assist production team in the truck at Fenway Park for select home games
- Research and present statistics
- Must be able to receive college credit for this internship and provide verification that credit will be received.
- Knowledgeable about the Boston Red Sox and the game of baseball
- Interest in television production and communications.
- Excellent organizational skills; must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision but also able to work effectively within a team environment.
- Available and willing to work nightly shifts during the week generally beginning at 2:00 PM (shift end-times vary) and some weekend shifts starting at 10:00 AM or earlier. Available to work some holidays.
NESN is an equal opportunity employer.
National Public Radio
Internship Program Information
NPR offers internships at its national headquarters in Washington, D.C., and at our NPR West office in Culver City, CA. The internship program is designed to provide students and recent graduates with an opportunity to learn about broadcasting and the supporting areas of NPR.
Eligibility: A candidate must be a graduate student; an undergraduate student; or have graduated from college within twelve months of beginning the internship. Internship applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
General Information: Interns are expected to work between 20 and 40 hours a week during an 8-to-10 week internship period. Internships are offered during the Summer, Fall, and Winter/Spring semesters. Interns may receive academic credit if an agreement is made between the NPR Human Resources Department and the intern's college or university. All interns are subject to the applicable NPR employee rules, including its Employment Dispute Resolution Policy.
Application Procedures: Candidates must complete an application form (you'll need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print this file) submit it with a cover letter and resume. Some internship positions require additional application items, such as a writing sample. All application items must be submitted as a complete package. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Application Deadlines: For the summer program, applications must be postmarked by February 15; for the fall program, applications must be postmarked by July 15; and for the winter/spring program, applications must be postmarked by November 15.
Please note: Due to a large volume of applications received, we are unable to notify applicants who are not selected for internships.
Mail or fax applications to:
National Public Radio
Human Resources Department
635 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Fax - (202) 513-3047
KPAX MIssoula, MT
Qualification: Junoir or Senior students.
Description (full): Offering internships in reporting and producing.
How to apply: Send tape, resume and letter from professor stating this is for college credit.
All three must be sent in one package to News Director Greg Schieferstein.
KECI: Missoula, MT
Qualification: Junior or senior students.
News director: Jim Harmon
phone: 406- 721-5642
KECI-TV340 W. Main St.Missoula, MT 59802
Courteny Donovan's Research
Minimum Qualifications: Have to be a graduate, undergraduate, or have completed college within twelve months of beginning internship. Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
How to apply: Must complete the application form which can be obtained for free throw Adobe Acrobat Reader on the NPR website. Submit finished application with resume and cover letter in by mail.
National Public Radio
Human Resources Department
635 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Fax - (202) 513-3047
Deadline for applications is the 15 of February for the summer program, July 15 for the fall semester, and November 15 for the winter/spring semester.
Contact Person: HR Director, or HR Department.
Minimum Qualifications: Must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program at and accredited college or university. Must be 18 years or older and at least a current standing of sophomore or higher. Must be able to receive academic credit from the college prior to starting the assignment. Must be able to commit to a minimum of three days per week on wither a part-time or full-time basis.
How to apply: Go to http://www.nbcunicareers.com/internships/coasts.shtml and click on one of the career option they have listed on the page. The selection will take you to a page where you upload your existing resume and paste your cover letter into the text box. Then click “continue.”
Deadline for Applications: They just say they are currently accepting application for fall of 2009 but they don’t list when this page was last updated. One probably just has to submit an application about six months prior to the semester they want to do the internship and then follow up by phone.
Contact Person: They don’t list a person. The computer system apparently receives all the applications because they want people to upload them electronically. HR is probably who makes the final decision, though.
Minimum Qualifications: Must be at least 18 years old and enrolled in a college or university. Must be receiving academic credit for the internships (all of which are unpaid). Must work a minimum of 20 hours a week. Other requirements can vary depending on which department one applies to.
How to Apply: You apply online and you have to set up an account to get to that page. Or you can select the kind of job you want from a menu (the options are in red text). That link will take you to a page that says "Apply online" on the top of the page in yellow. There's a link that says Online in red. Click on that. You copy and paste a cover letter in the text box and then upload you resume as a type of attachment. Then press “submit profile.”
Deadline for Application: Fall: September–December (Recruitment starts late June, early July)
Spring: Spring: February – May (Recruitment starts mid-October, early November)
Summer: June-August (Recruitment starts early March)
Contact Person: Looks like it’s just the HR Department again, or the HR Director.
The Denver Broncos’ internship program goes through the NFL…
Sumer Internship Program
NFL Summer Internship Program participants have the opportunity to contribute to the organization's success while receiving an unmatched, behind-the-scenes learning experience.
Program Overview: Though interns work within specific departments, they are able to explore all aspects of the business of professional football through speaker presentations, mentoring relationships and networking opportunities.
Selected applicants are placed within the NFL based on interest, experience, academic coursework, and the NFL's business needs. Past assignments at the League Office have included the following departments: Communications & Public Affairs, Community Affairs, Consumer Products, Events, Finance & Accounting, Football Operations, Human Resources, Information Technology, Internal Audit, International, Labor & Legal, Marketing & Sales, and Media.
All prospective interns must be currently enrolled undergraduates entering their senior year in the fall of 2010. Prospective legal interns must be law students currently enrolled at and returning to school in the fall of 2010.
Key timing: September -- Accepting applicationsNovember -- Application deadlineSeptember to February -- Interviews
Selection details: » All prospective interns must be currently enrolled undergraduates entering their senior year in the fall of next year. Prospective legal interns must be law students currently enrolled at and returning to school in the fall of next year.
» Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States and international students must have all visas and employment authorizations prior to the start of the internship.
» Students must be within the United States at the time of the interview process, which will begin in January. Selection decisions typically are made by mid-March.
» First consideration will be given to undergraduate students with an overall GPA of at least 3.0 and law students in the top half of their class.
THE HISTORY CHANNEL
The History Channel goes through the AETN Network. I searched at the History Channel site and it brought me here. In your application you specify that you want an internship with the History Channel.
AETN's Internship opportunities are designed to provide students with exposure to the cable and entertainment industry through a diversified selecton of assignments. The Program also serves to provide A&E Television Networks with talented and qualified students who may choose to become candidates for permanent positions upon graduation. Internships are typically full-time, Monday-Friday, 9:00-5:00pm, or as designated by the department. While we are still determining the departments who will host interns this summer, historically we have had intern opportunities in Programming, Marketing, Production, Finance & Accounting, Legal, Community Development and Digital Media.
INTERN REQUIREMENTS: •College undergraduates who are entering junior or senior year or graduate students having completed at least one semester of post graduate work. •Students must have a demonstrated interest in the industry and/or specific area of interest (i.e. marketing), as exemplified through past work experience, internships and/or major course of study, and preferably a GPA of 3.0 or higher. •Applicants will interview with both the HR department and the host department. Candidate must receive college credit for this internship.
Go to www.aetn.com/careers.html and click on the submit your application button.
1510 KGA Sports Talk in Spokane, WA.
The Internship link on their website was down. I sent an email from the “contact us” link and am awaiting reply.
NBC 7/39 San Diego
· Currently enrolled at an accredited college, university or technical school
· Internships are unpaid, therefore, students must earn college credit
· Ability to work a minimum of 15 hours/week during the academic year
· Must be a sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student
How to apply:
· Complete the Internship Application NBC 7/39 Internship Application
· Complete the Credit Certification Form NBC 7/39 Internship Credit Certification
· Include a copy of your resume
· Include a copy of your transcript
· Intern Waiver of Liability Form NBC 7/39 Intern Waiver of Liability
Mail completed application to:
Human Resources: Internships
225 Broadway, Suite 300
San Diego, CA 92101
Telephone: (619) 231-3939
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
· Fall Semester (September - December) Deadline to Apply: August 1
· Fall Quarter (September – December) Deadline to Apply: September 1
· Spring Semester (January – May) Deadline to Apply: December 1
· Winter Quarter (January – March) Deadline to Apply: December 1
· Spring Quarter (April – June) Deadline to Apply: March 1
· Summer Semester or Quarter (June – August) Deadline to Apply: May 1
KFMB San Diego
3 kinds of internships
fm-working with radio
am-show preparation screenings
must be available for work 10-15 hours a week
Deadline to apply for summer April 30
Candidates must be able to provide proof of credit prior to starting their assignment. If selected, candidates will be required to complete an "Intern Eligibility Form" and "Waiver of Liability Form" for KFMB Stations
San Diego channel 10
|News Department: 10News offers a fast paced "hands-on" internship in the newsroom and four other related fields. Duties range from setting up stories to contacting city and government officials. Participants sometimes have an opportunity to shadow reporters. Students must be a college junior or senior and must get school credit for their internship. Send resume before calling.|
Deadline To Apply
Start Date and Duration
|Fall||August 15||Late August to mid-December|
|Winter/Spring||December 15||mid-January to mid-May|
|Summer||April 30||June to early September|
News Internship Coordinator
4600 Air Way
San Diego, CA 92102
(619) 527-0369 fax
Internship: Intern: G4TV Interactive
Salary: Unpaid (for college credit only)
Purpose: To expose college student to hands on work experience in their field of interest.
Assist interactive TV producers with news and fact research.
Assisting in COPS 2.0 fact checking and research.
Potentially help with live web cam show production.
Will assist with tape logging.
Must be Windows XP literate.
Must have interest and knowledge of video games, internet and pop culture, movies and other similar interests.
Exceptional interpersonal, communication, writing and organizational skills required.
Strong computer skills including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
Must be pro-active, detailed oriented, and possess good follow-through while adhering to deadlines.
Must be able to multi-task and prioritize tasks sufficiently while working independently.
Strong interest in the entertainment industry preferred.
Strong organizational skills are preferred.
Candidate must be reliable and have good time management skills.
Must be enrolled in an accredited college and be receiving academic credit.
Internships require a commitment of at least 16 hours per week for a minimum of 12 weeks.
-All Applications and Cover Letters to be submitted Online at Comcast Entertainment Group Employment Site.
Paid Internship, Channel 4 News/ITN, Washington, D.C. $500 / month for 4 months, starting March 31. 5 days a week, 9am-5pm every day. Only open to US citizens, or applicants WHO ALREADY HOLD a valid work permit or green card (we cannot help you apply for a work permit).
The job requires a bright and highly motivated individual with a commitment to a career in television news and current affairs to play an importrant role in our election year coverage. The job involves research on both breaking stories and longer investigative films, finding and looking after guests (pundits, politicians, Generals), monitoring and recording TV feeds and other crucial production support.
The right candidate will quickly find him/herself part of a busy and productive team. Our 50 minute program is broadcast nightly in a peak slot on Britain's Channel 4, one of the best known UK stations. It is made in London by Independent Television News (ITN), the main commercial rival to the BBC and broadcast partner to both CNN and NBC. Channel 4 News won an Emmy in both 2003 and 2004.
Channel 4 News is a unique show and interested candidates would benefit from looking at our archived reports at http://www.channel4.com/news.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Job Rabkin at 400 N Capitol St, #899, Washington DC 20001 or to email@example.com. Selection will be based on resume plus half hour interview (phone or in person). You will need to arrange your own accomodation and travel in Washington DC.
To apply: email a CV and covering letter to job.rabkinitn.co.uk
CollegeHumor Online Media Internship:
Interested in experiencing what it’s like to be part of the exciting CollegeHumor team? We are looking for a resourceful and organized multi-tasker who is equally comfortable contributing to creative brainstorms as they are navigating a spreadsheet. This internship is a perfect place to get a first-hand look at how the ‘business’ of online media works.
As an intern, these are just a few things you will learn and participate in:
• Sit side by side with the general staff in brainstorming sessions
• Learn how social and viral marketing contribute to audience development
• Apply what you’ve learned in your courses to an actual Sales and Marketing group’s operations
• Get insight into trends and developments in online media and technology
• Gain an understanding of how content, syndication and distribution platforms are related
• Be part of a team that will evangelize the brand
• Apply classroom theories to audience research and web analytics
Candidates should be detailed oriented and have an interest in media and entertainment. Please include the exact days and times you are available This is an unpaid internship and you must be eligible for school credit.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . We will contact you directly should your qualifications meet the position's requirements. CollegeHumor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
- Students must be registered for an internship for academic credit with their college or university, and must provide official documentation upon acceptance of this internship.
- Open to college students entering their junior or senior year. We also accept law students eligible to receive internship credit.
- Must be available at least 2 full days a week for a minimum of 10 weeks (no weekends). Normal business hours are 9:30am-5:30pm.
- Letter on school letterhead confirming you are registered for an internship class which provides academic credit, attached with class schedule
- Two letters of recommendation (could be from an employer, advisor or professor)
- Transcripts (can be unofficial)
Name of contact person:
E-mail: SFinternships@mtvstaff.com OR mail to:
MTV Networks San Francisco
ATTN: Stephanie Lonn
225 Bush St. Suite 1200
San Francisco, CA 94104
A Senate Press in DC
Strong communication skills are imperative, as is attention to detail and the ability to analyze and synthesize information. Interns must be motivated, flexible, and intellectually curious. We are open to all majors.
How to apply:
A cover letter, resume, transcript, writing sample (3-5 pages), and two references should be sent to Jim Frisk at mailto:email@example.com
Jim Frisk at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Association of Women in Sports Media
Qualifications and application process:
1. An essay of 750 words or less describing your most memorable experience in sports or sports media that can be typed or copy-and-pasted into the online application form.
2. A pdf of a one-page résumé highlighting your journalism experience.
3. Three references with contact information.
4. A pdf of one letter of recommendation from a professor, advisor, editor, producer or other supervisor who is familiar with your work.
5. A maximum of five samples of your work: clips, editing examples, headlines, layout, press releases, video or audio tapes. Limit recordings to 10 minutes or less. Accepted file formats are pdf, gif, jpeg, jpg, mp3, mpg, mpeg, mov, wmv and swf.
6. A $20 application fee paid via PayPal. The fee is $10 for AWSM members. Non-members can join AWSM for just $15 in addition to the $20 application fee. Membership includes benefits such as access to our online job bank and membership directory, the ability to post in our online resume bank and a subscription to our quarterly newsletter.
Online applications are due Saturday, Oct. 31 at 3 p.m. Eastern time (2 p.m. Central, 1 p.m. Mountain, noon Pacific).
via e-mail: email@example.com
SportsNet New York has internships available for the spring, summer, and fall semesters
Interns, who must be at least entering their junior year in college, receive college credit for the internship. Interns will receive hands-on experience assisting in a wide range of the station's operations. Interns generally work approximately 20 hours per week, which may include nights and weekends. Internships are available in the following departments:
- Digital Media
- Information Technology
Internship application process:
- Include a one-page cover letter on why you would like to Intern at SportsNet New York. Include what you expect to learn and career goals that might relate to your internship experience
- Also include a copy of your resume
- Indicate which internship opportunity you are interesting in pursuing
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interns in the department will assist the Supervising Producer of the Network, including logging tapes, screening shows, and other production-related tasks. Interns will be assigned on-going, daily responsibilities as well as stand-alone projects.
- Strong interest in television programming and sports
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and creative skills
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; meet deadlines and work as part of a team while also being able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess great organizational skills with an excellent track record for following through on projects
- Strong computer skills; extensive experience with Microsoft Office applications a must
- Able to commit at least three days per week (5 hours/day)
Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien and NBC in general
WHAT WE REQUIRE:
NBC Universal interns must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled in an Associate's/Bachelor's/Master's program at an accredited college or university
- 18 years or older and current sophomore standing or above
- Able to receive academic credit from their college or university prior to starting assignment
NBCU looks for students who are committed and passionate about a career in the media/entertainment industry through experiences in their major studies, college clubs/organizations, prior media based internships, or prior work experience. Grade point average, community involvement and leadership experience are also an important part of the total assessment of student applicants.
HOW TO APPLY:
We are currently accepting resumes for FALL 2009.
Please click here to review brief descriptions of the internship opportunities that are available on the East Coast and here to review opportunities on the West Coast. Be sure to include specific opportunities that are of interest to you in your cover letter.
If you are interested in an internship at NBC Universal, please click on the area below to submit your resume and cover letter. In order to be considered for more then one area you must SUBMIT your resume to each individual category (maximum 3 categories per applicant ). The number of categories selected does not increase or decrease the likelihood of being selected for one of our internship opportunities. Be sure to read our Candidate Data Privacy Guidelines before submitting your resume."
East Coast Internships (NY, NJ, & CT)
- News & Journalism
- Production & Entertainment
- Sports & Olympics
- Advertising & Promotions
- Graphic Arts/Digital Media /iVillage
- Sales & Marketing
- Corporate (Finance, HR, Publicity etc.)
West Coast Internships (CA)
- Broadcast & Journalism
- Digital Media & Technology
- Corporate Internships (HR, Finance, Legal, etc.)
- Fine Arts & Graphic Arts
- Telemundo & Mun2 (Spanish Language networks)
- TV Production, Development, & Programming
- Film Production & Development
- Focus Features/Rogue Pictures
• Be currently enrolled as a junior, senior or recent graduate (within 6 months) from a four year college or university.
• Have authorization to work in the U.S.
• Have a current driver’s license.
• Be able to work 40 + hours per week as well as game day/nights, weekends and other various events.
Qualified applicants must be detail oriented, responsible and have excellent organizational skills. Individuals must also have great written and oral communication skills and be able to work in a fast-paced setting. We also require good computer skills within the Microsoft Office platforms (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
Selection Process: Final applicants will be contacted and invited to participate in the interview process starting in May. All interviews will take place at team headquarters and must be done in person, since we will not conduct phone interviews. Further, we will not pay for any interview related expenses such as travel or lodging; these expenses are the sole responsibility of the applicant. Note: Due to the large volume of applicants that apply, we ask that you do not contact us during this process.
General Information: Interns are responsible for their own housing, travel and relocation expenses. A background investigation will be conducted prior to starting work with us.
• Attach a current resume and cover letter.
• Answer all of the below questions.
KCFW in Kalispell(related to KECI)
Although internships are available at KCFW, there is no information available online about this internship. You should contact News Director Jim Harmon by sending him an email at email@example.com containing your cover letter and resume, along with what you are interested in interning for.
I am awaiting reply for further information
The website for this news station is http://www.kcfw.com
KAJ – Kalispell (related to KPAX)
Although internships are available at KCFW, there is no information available online about this internship. You should contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org containing your cover letter and resume, along with what you are interested in interning for.
I am awaiting reply for further information
http://www.kpax.com is the website for this new station.