- Students must be registered for an internship for academic credit with their college or university, and must provide official documentation upon acceptance of this internship.
- Open to college students entering their junior or senior year. We also accept law students eligible to receive internship credit.
- Must be available at least 2 full days a week for a minimum of 10 weeks (no weekends). Normal business hours are 9:30am-5:30pm.
- Letter on school letterhead confirming you are registered for an internship class which provides academic credit, attached with class schedule
- Two letters of recommendation (could be from an employer, advisor or professor)
- Transcripts (can be unofficial)
Name of contact person:
E-mail: SFinternships@mtvstaff.com OR mail to:
MTV Networks San Francisco
ATTN: Stephanie Lonn
225 Bush St. Suite 1200
San Francisco, CA 94104
A Senate Press in DC
Strong communication skills are imperative, as is attention to detail and the ability to analyze and synthesize information. Interns must be motivated, flexible, and intellectually curious. We are open to all majors.
How to apply:
A cover letter, resume, transcript, writing sample (3-5 pages), and two references should be sent to Jim Frisk at mailto:email@example.com
Jim Frisk at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Association of Women in Sports Media
Qualifications and application process:
1. An essay of 750 words or less describing your most memorable experience in sports or sports media that can be typed or copy-and-pasted into the online application form.
2. A pdf of a one-page résumé highlighting your journalism experience.
3. Three references with contact information.
4. A pdf of one letter of recommendation from a professor, advisor, editor, producer or other supervisor who is familiar with your work.
5. A maximum of five samples of your work: clips, editing examples, headlines, layout, press releases, video or audio tapes. Limit recordings to 10 minutes or less. Accepted file formats are pdf, gif, jpeg, jpg, mp3, mpg, mpeg, mov, wmv and swf.
6. A $20 application fee paid via PayPal. The fee is $10 for AWSM members. Non-members can join AWSM for just $15 in addition to the $20 application fee. Membership includes benefits such as access to our online job bank and membership directory, the ability to post in our online resume bank and a subscription to our quarterly newsletter.
Online applications are due Saturday, Oct. 31 at 3 p.m. Eastern time (2 p.m. Central, 1 p.m. Mountain, noon Pacific).
via e-mail: email@example.com