Jake Stevenson's Research
New England Sports Network
Must be able to receive college credit for this internship and provide verification that credit will be received.
Provide a variety of production support to NESN’s Boston Red Sox Baseball live television broadcasts during the off-season, through spring training, and into the beginning of the season.
- Log game melts
- Archive video
- Assist production team in the truck at Fenway Park for select home games
- Research and present statistics
- Must be able to receive college credit for this internship and provide verification that credit will be received.
- Knowledgeable about the Boston Red Sox and the game of baseball
- Interest in television production and communications.
- Excellent organizational skills; must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision but also able to work effectively within a team environment.
- Available and willing to work nightly shifts during the week generally beginning at 2:00 PM (shift end-times vary) and some weekend shifts starting at 10:00 AM or earlier. Available to work some holidays.
NESN is an equal opportunity employer.
National Public Radio
Internship Program Information
NPR offers internships at its national headquarters in Washington, D.C., and at our NPR West office in Culver City, CA. The internship program is designed to provide students and recent graduates with an opportunity to learn about broadcasting and the supporting areas of NPR.
Eligibility: A candidate must be a graduate student; an undergraduate student; or have graduated from college within twelve months of beginning the internship. Internship applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
General Information: Interns are expected to work between 20 and 40 hours a week during an 8-to-10 week internship period. Internships are offered during the Summer, Fall, and Winter/Spring semesters. Interns may receive academic credit if an agreement is made between the NPR Human Resources Department and the intern's college or university. All interns are subject to the applicable NPR employee rules, including its Employment Dispute Resolution Policy.
Application Procedures: Candidates must complete an application form (you'll need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print this file) submit it with a cover letter and resume. Some internship positions require additional application items, such as a writing sample. All application items must be submitted as a complete package. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Application Deadlines: For the summer program, applications must be postmarked by February 15; for the fall program, applications must be postmarked by July 15; and for the winter/spring program, applications must be postmarked by November 15.
Please note: Due to a large volume of applications received, we are unable to notify applicants who are not selected for internships.
Mail or fax applications to:
National Public Radio
Human Resources Department
635 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Fax - (202) 513-3047