Play by play
- Internships are offered in the fall and spring semesters and during the summer
- Opportunities primarily located in Bristol, CT and New York, NY
- Limited opportunities available at other locations
- 10 weeks-30/40 hours a week
- Competitive pay
- Students may qualify for subsidized housing in Bristol, CT and New York NY
- Course credit offered based on college requirements
- Currently enrolled college student (within 12 months of graduation)
- Interest and passion for sports
- Authorized to work in the United States for any company
- Creative Services
- Digital Media
- Statistic & Information
- Visit www.espn.com/joinourteam
- Select JOBS tab
- Select PROFILE to add personal information including resume
- Select AGENTS/SEARCH
- In the JOB POSTING section select 'ASSOCIATES/INTERNSHIPS' to search for current internship opportunities
CBS News, CBS Sports
This broadcast covers news repors, features and interviews by CBS News correspondents covering events throughout the world. Inter must have strong research and computer skills and knowledge of Lexis-Nexis. Must have the ability to work the phone with contacts and sources, affiliate calls and light clerical work.
Sessions: Spring January to May the student arranges exact start and end date
Summer: June to August full time over the course of ten weeks
Fall: September to December the student arranges exact start and end date
Duties: Logging tapes, coordinating script, research, preliminary interviews, assisting during shoots, selecting footage, answering viewer mail, and clerical duties.
Requirements: Students who are currently attending an accredited college and have achieved junior or senior status are eligible. A variety of majors qualify including Journalism, Broadcast, Communication, Public Relations, Advertising, English, Political Science and more. Participants must have good computer skills, excellent written and verbal communication abilities and knowledge of current events. A 3.0 GPA or above is recommended. Students must be able to meet the minimum time commitment.
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship. Students are required to provide official documentation on school letterhead confirming they will receive credit for the internship. This documentation must be on file prior to start date.
Employment: Students are not guaranteed a job after participating in the program.
Application status: Due to the high volume of applicants, the office can not respond to application-status inquiries. The office reviews all submitted applications and contacts qualified candidates for a phone interview.
Deadlines: Fall and Spring applicants are accepted on a rolling basis. The Summer program selects and assigns students on a first-come, first served basis; summer applications will not be accepted after Feb. 28 of each year.
Application instructions: To apply, please submit an application, resume, two letters of recommendation, letter of credit from your university, school transcript and a one-page essay on why you want to work in Broadcast Journalism to:
524 West 57th Street
New York, NY 10019
URL for application: