Friday, September 18, 2009

Drew Stanley Internship Research

Internship with The Onion:
Qualifications:
Duties would include tagging items in their Content Management System, manipulating images, preparing files for audio and video, and assisting with web research. There is a requirement for technical familiarity with HTML and CSS (two things I'm definitely not privy to). Adobe Photoshop experience is required and I do know how to do that. Experience in social networking and microblogging is also required, but I'm a normal college student so I think that's probably safe. They suggested starting to love Google Docs, which I have used, and so that shouldn't be too hard. They also wanted me to build on API's and feeds, and I know what those are, but usually companies have their own language. I imagine I would learn though.
How to apply:
Submit a cover letter/resume to onionwebintern@gmail.com.
Deadline for application:
The add for the internship expires on September 12th, but I have e-mailed them to ask what the actual deadline might be (no answer).
Name of contact:
No contact.
Individualized Internship in London Through IE3 International:
Qualifications:
Nearly any major is suitable, but the intern must have a good knowledge of international education and the U.S. educational system. Being good at writing and being an independent worker is important. Interns are also required to apply for the BUNAC card to work in the U.K.
How to apply:
Must meet with an IE3 campus advisor and have a cover letter and resume ready. To plan financially, I must use the cost calculator on the website to see what financial aid will do. The campus internship advisor must review my application and then interview me. After, I may submit it to IE3. If I am likely to succeed in the internship I will receive an e-mail 4-6 weeks before the application deadline. Included in the notice of preliminary approval is a cost sheet and a refund agreement. I must review this cost sheet and the refund policy on the participation agreement and then fax it back to the regional director for IE3. My placement will not move forward until the regional director has received confirmation that I am committed to the internship. Up receiving the participation agreement, the regional director will then send my application to my first choice internship. I will be notified of my final acceptance within 6-8 weeks.
Deadline for application:
Because I will be doing my internship in the summer of 2010, the deadline is January 25th.
Name of contact:
Because the internship individualized and selected, I will not yet know of my contact's name until I am accepted into doing the internship. The regional director on campus for IE3 is Kevin Hood.
Qualifications:
Internships are available in news, programming, marketing/research, and sales. Ideal interns are college students in their junior or senior year and those that are attending a liberal arts school. Students must have strong written and oral skills and must be interested in a broadcast career. Most internships are one quarter long and last approximately ten weeks. The number of part-time and full-time internships vary from quarter to quarter. Hours are arranged according to department needs and scheduling requirements of individual interns. Part time interns will work at least 10 hours a week. The internship is paid, and the wage is minimum at $8.55 an hour.
How to apply:
I have to request an application packet by calling the KING5 human resources department, e-mailing KING5 with my current address to hr@king5.com, or downloading the application from the web. The completed application and internship materials should be returned by mail. Finalists will be contacted for a personal interview, and out-of-state finalists will do their interview via phone only. If I get it, I will be confirmed by written notice.
Deadline for application:
April 20th, 2010 for the summer of 2010.
Name of contact:
Human Resources department.




No comments: